"I JUST WANTED A BIT OF SMOKED
SALMON....." That's how it all started.
NOW, look at me.
RandyQ's Barbecue Ramblings
Folks, meet EL CHEAPO BRINKMANN
(ECB)- the poor man's smoker, and the infamous Weber Kettle Grill.
And here are my two NEW toys, the Weber Smokey
Mountain (WSM), and the Klose Backyard Chef (BYC):
- February 2008 - *A door creaks open.......faint footsteps are heard.....a
hand brushes away cobwebs as an old website is updated*
Hi all, I'm
Baaaaaack. :) Been away for a long time, but still cookin'. I've
learned a lot and can't wait to share with y'all.
- New Article: SBM - Selective
- Coming up: Makin' Bacon, the obligatory Brisket and Pulled Pork
recipes, and more of the articles I always planned to write but never got
- Cookers - Kettles/bullets/offsets, what's the
diff? (about $2000, I'd say)
- Fuel - Briquettes vs. Lump vs. Logs, what to
look for and what to avoid.
- Smoking Wood
- More Wood - Chips/Chunks/Logs & Dust:
"soaked or dry, foiled or boxed, regular or extra-crispy"
- "Must Have's" - supplies, toys, and
mindset to succeed in this addictive pastime.
- BBQ Taboos -
There are just some things you don't do in barbecue...
What is an ECB?
Barbecueing on a Kettle Grill: *coming soon*
- Cooking Techniques
Making Jerky: *DONE*
Favorite Recipes *coming along*
"2-Slow-in-the-Road" Steaks - Donated by David Klose, Klose
- Award Winning "Best
Ribs In The Universe" (BRITU) - Printed with Permission, Mike
- Randy's #2,
Hot & Spicy Jerky
- Randy's #7,
- Garam Masala
- that mysterious spice that I use on everything
FISH - Hot smoked with Alder, flaky and delicious.
- Barbecued Brisket - marinated, rubbed, mopped,
and cooked sliceable.
- Pulled Pork - the basis for Pulled Pork
Sandwiches (I might even tell ya how to make the sandwich, with slaw and
& Hickory smoked ham -
corncobs and hickory make the sweetest smoke you can imagine
- Smoked Ham, sweet glaze, and impressed guests.
Special Asian Grilled Chicken - they always like this one for some
Pastrami - if you barbecue, you can make this. If you make this,
you'll never buy it at the store again.
- Tasso - Cajun
spicy smoked ham (actually, smoked pork shoulder) - any Emeril fans in the
- Andouille Sausage - Cajun garlic sausage -
BAM!!! (see Tasso as well)
- Homemade rubs/spice mixes/chili powder
Making Sausage: *Just Started*
- "If you really like to eat sausages, don't ask what's in
them.....unless you make it yourself".
- Equipment & Supplies
- Tips - Procedures, Sanitation, to
"cure" or not to "cure".
My Chili Garden:
- Favorite Stories
- Personal Bloopers - "Salmon
salt-cakes", "Unpullable Pork", "Beef Ore".
Last Updated: February 16, 2008
WebMaster: "Randy Lee"- take out the "NOSPAM" in the
© Copyright 2000-2008 RandyQ's Barbecue Ramblings
Since 09/04/00 12:00am, there have been
hits on this page.